Wednesday, March 1, 2006

La Cucaracha

The announcement right before today's lecture was that the "infestation in the call room had been taken care of".  With a word like infestation, you can only imagine the nature of the problem- some grotesque creature(s) had infiltrated.  The actual creature was the world's most archaic and my least favorite of all time- the cockroach.

I had noticed just this week when walking down the hall of the hospital near our call room at least 2 of these beasts squished on the newly waxed floor. I remember thinking that a hospital is not where you want to see these bugs. What can it say for patient care if a cockroach is seen wandering the halls?

I am even less excited because I am now done with pediatrics and move into the hospital setting. In fact, I will be spending the night in the infestation room this weekend. While the live ones are likely dead after whatever treatment they did, I don't look forward to greeting the corpses that will litter the room.


No comments:

Post a Comment