Sunday, March 5, 2006

Bacon

In line for a well deserved post-call breakfast in the hospital cafeteria this weekend and a cute old man in his 70's was in front of me getting some bacon. His left hand held a slightly tremulous plate of biscuits & gravy and hashbowns, while he bent low to the bacon and sifted, with great concentration, thru the pieces with his right hand.  I wasn't in too much of a hurry, so I just stood watching him, surmising why he was being so picky.  Finally he looked up, and apologetically explained, "I'm trying to find ones with the least amount of fat"

I chuckled as he let me grab a few strips myself - now that's rationalization!  I'm sure those grease soaked pieces he finally located with less fat to meat ratio really will make a difference in the long run!


No comments:

Post a Comment